October 28, 2008

The wizard of Oz

So Ciera had this idea (insisted actually) that the family all dress up together as Wizard of Oz characters for a Halloween party. We realized she was really serious about 3 hours before the
party and hurried to put some costumes together.
It all turned out pretty well for the amount of time we had to get ready.
Porter might not agree with that in a few years but he's the only one without the verbal skills
to protest.

The funnies part of the evening was when another little girl dressed as Dorothy said "mom look it's another Dorothy.....pause..... mom that's a boy" as she pointed the mom trying to whisper said "no honey it's a girl shhh" girl responded "no mom it's a boy" the mom louder and more embarrassed now "shhh stop it, it's a girl, stop saying that". This probably could have gone on forever because the little girl wasn't giving up so I finally blurted " yeah it's a boy....we needed a Dorothy". and then continued to walk to the refreshment table, leaving a very puzzled
woman behind.

7 comments:

Emily said...

I had to keep myself from laughing too hard so I wouldn't wake up the girls! Hilarious. Porter was a great Dorothy. Who is the scarecrow? Props to Ciera for the great idea.

familia Bybaran said...

I can't believe you put that together in such little time. I don't think there ever was a more manly looking dorothy. He/She is adorable!!! You all look great. I hope you guys won some sort of costume contest.

Jared said...

Eric survived (right?) so will Porter. Not saying there won't be any issues, but he'll survive.

Jared

Billy and Katie said...

He was the cutest Dorthy I've ever seen!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures are awesome...good job to ciera for the creatvie idea, and good job to you guys, the parents for pulling it off!

Double D said...

Your kids are so grown up and so cute. I love your costumes. It was also funny to see Josh doing his karate....what a ham!! Vanessa told me about your blog and it has been fun to see how you are. Love and miss you!

Todd Family said...

This is random, but you don't know me but you may know my brothers and sisters and parents. If not you, your husband will! The "Kirk Family" grew up with the Galbrieths. Krystal was my babysitter and Josh was friends with my brothers. You guys have adorable kids! The Mormon/Blog world is pretty crazy! :)